***Contact us for bulk deals***
Sold out super fast last winter so don't miss out!!
The best quality and best fit calf cover and goat cover you can find!
Calves are born with only 3% body fat and a high surface area to body weight ratio. Under 3 weeks of age they should be fed extra milk to counteract the energy they lose through maintaining body temperature when exposed to temperatures less the 15°C (lower critical temperature). By using the a long-lasting Thermoo calf cover your calf can divert available energy to more effective needs such as feeding, building immunity, and growth.
It has been proven that below 10 degrees Celsius (50 degrees Fahrenheit) ambient temperature, the rate of colostral antibody absorption in newborns decreases (Olsen et al, 1981). By maintaining calf warmth you can ensure that your calves receive maximum benefit from the colostrum you have carefully supplied.
At 10°C the calf requires and extra 0.5 L milk per day, at 5°C an extra litre and at 0°C an extra 1.5 litres.
The Thermoo calf jacket has been specially designed for calves and has unique features making it highly practical and long-lasting.
Our extensive veterinary and calf rearing experience brings you the premium design and selection of materials for the most practical calf cover.
- Waterproof, rip-stop outer layer.
- Belly strap avoids the navel.
- Machine washable.
- Smooth lining for easy maintenance and care of the calf hair.
- Super warm and fast drying 200g polyfill.
- Now all durable metal clips, no plastic.
- Cosy neck extension with easy vein access.
- No difficult to clean material such as wool or velcro.
- Unique adjustable design for growing calves.
- Leg straps for security.
- No loose dangly bits for chewing.
- No lice friendly material.
- Also great for goats, dogs, alpaca and many similar sized animals!
- Small (maroon) 60cm shoulder to tail, great for Jerseys and crossbreds up to 5 weeks. Code: TH01
- Medium (blue or pink) 70cm shoulder to tail, great for Friesians/large breeds. Code: TH02
- Large (light blue) 80cm, out now!
"I have opted for cheaper calf jackets in the past and we found the Thermoo far superior in design, material, quality and warmth. The shape and fittings are ideal for a cosy, secure fit."
April, Dairy farmer 600 Friesian and Jersey cows